job opening: Integrated Media Director
JOB TITLE: Integrated Media Director
REPORTS TO: President
DIRECT REPORTS: Yes
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Media
We are looking for a strategic team leader with vision and a track record of success in consumer and business-to-business marketing communications who has a strong emphasis in both traditional and digital media. This individual will be responsible for shaping communications plans and finding creative ways to leverage innovative targeting and new technologies to fuel optimizations and ROI. The Integrated Media Director will fully understand the power of the entire media landscape, from traditional to digital, they will plan and negotiate innovative marketing programs and oversee flawless execution of all tactics.
The re:group philosophy toward media takes an unbiased approach to planning and buying. Our definition of media includes any channel or system of communication, information or entertainment that allows for the cultivation of a relationship with our clients’ customers or prospects. We consider a full range of tools including traditional advertising, branded content, sponsorships and influencer programs, CRM, digital, social and emerging media.
- Shape the future delivery channels through which the agency effects change and generates results for our clients.
- Shape the growth of the agency’s media offerings/capabilities as the industry evolves with particular emphasis on digital, mobile, search, social media and other emerging media technologies.
- Work together with the agency and client teams to develop, execute and track integrated communications plans that engage audiences and provide clients a return on their investment.
- Manage the process, people and financial resources with integrity and transparency.
- Accountable for media team output timeliness, accuracy, and overall excellence.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
- Train, stimulate and challenge the Integrated media team to produce innovative and effective solutions for our clients
- Develop in-depth knowledge of our client’s business
- Focus on achieving key client objectives through delivery of appropriate resources while maintaining profitability
- Work closely with account service and planning teams to guide the strategic media planning for all agency accounts
- Provide agency leadership through participation on the management team
- Serve as an integral part of the business development team. Support agency new business efforts with innovative media plans and tactics
- Keep up with latest trends/events in advertising and client-related industries. Stay abreast of innovations, theories and practices pertaining to media functions and knowledge share
- Understand and utilize media research data
Media Planning and Execution:
- Lead the process of strategic media planning/execution and serve as a resource for supervisors, planners and assistants for advice and counsel
- Maintain relationships with media community; develop publisher and higher relationships for exchange of ideas
- Participate in the creation and negotiation of yearly client contracts and supplemental proposals and manage account profitability
- Participate in the creation of client media objectives and strategies
- Determine partner selection and program details and rationale
- Author documents relating to the plan (must be able to create media brief and RFP from client input)
- Create media plan flowcharts and media buy authorizations
- Maintain media budgets or media spend summaries
- Negotiate partnership contracts
- Write POVs
- Analyze audit statements and syndicated research at a sophisticated level
- Provide digital performance and traditional post-buy analysis
- Understand intricacies of various tracking services
- Track results and writes detailed summaries of end of campaign results
- Well-versed in standard media research and planning tools to guide the strategic process
Client & Internal Relationships:
- Participate in and lead, if applicable, face-to-face client meetings
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships internally and with clients
- Manage expectations of clients and deliverables
- Participate and present in new business efforts and presentations
- Helps advise clients on best ways to integrate media into their advertising and marketing programs
- Timeliness, accuracy and overall excellence of media plan output
- Media offer remains holistic, unbiased and competitive in the market
- Enrichment and retention of media team members
- Ethical management of client media investments
- Client satisfaction
Experience & Qualifications:
- 10+ years agency media experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Strong knowledge of digital media campaign/tracking tools
- Adept experience in planning and negotiating national and spot traditional media
- Robust analytical skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Media vendor negotiation experience required
- Networking aptitude (attending industry events, expanding network, etc.)
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.