job opportunity: Full Stack Web Developer
VP Interactive Services
As a Full Stack Web Developer, you will be responsible for the production, modification and maintenance of websites and web application user interfaces for various clients. Focusing on client-side web technologies, you will work with a core team of individuals from various disciplines within the agency to understand the business requirements and produce content that is of high quality, on time, and within budget.
- Creativity and effectiveness of work.
- Quality of materials produced.
- Timely completion of projects within budget.
- Effective problem solving.
- Write, build and maintain code for web applications working with both back-end and front-end technologies.
- Build responsive websites.
- Create prototypes, build and style web pages.
- Contribute to the overall strategy, design and development of web applications.
- Create scalable and reusable code adhering to department standards .
- Develop reusable standards and libraries in cooperation with other developers.
- Adhere to project schedules and meet challenging deadlines.
- Stay knowledgeable of the industry standards and trends .
- Develop detailed specification documents.
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them internally and/or for our clients.
- Participation in new business activities e.g. estimating level of complexity and providing timing needed to complete projects.
- Diagnose problems at any level (Client, HTTP/Network, Server, Database, OS).
- Have an understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Effectiveness of deliverables e.g. work is meeting the needs of our clients.
- Communicates effectively with internal team and clients.
- 5+ years development experience at a creative agency a strong plus.
- 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Experience developing front/back end code and creating executable solutions.
- Expertise creating custom WordPress themes and/or Joomla templates from scratch.
- Experience creating custom WordPress plugins and/or Joomla extensions.
- Experience creating Ajax based web applications.
- Strong understanding of user experience design.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Superior communication skills
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.